Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starting up.

So, I am officially starting to put this together now. This is the guitar I am starting with. Its a little beat up. I have no idea how old or where it is from, but was told at one point by someone that it is a Sears brand parlor guitar from the 50's.

Here you can see some wear and tear on the bottom and a crack forming along the seam.


 The crack along the seam of the back and side along with a few scratches, chips, and dings.
 The head stock is pretty beat up as well. You can see two of the tuning pegs are bent on the 2nd and 3rd string.
The nut will definitely need replacing. It is bone, which is a good material for a nut, but being so old the strings have worn it down. Now the action is so low that the strings touch the fretboard just before the nut.

I will update as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment