Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Got a lot done recently

Well, over the past few days I have gotten quite a bit done. I used a piece of Red Oak I bought at Home Depot for $3 along with a piece of ash I cut from a light switch cover to make the Biscuit bridge.
 This is the Biscuit on top of the resonator cone.
I then added a little extra support to the back by gluing some more Oak between the cross braces.
Lastly, I finished making the soundwell. I found an old piece of shelving (I think) that was about 1/4" thick. I cut two circles, one with an inner diameter of 6.25" and one with a 6" ID, both having an outer diameter of 7".   That gave me a nice little ledge to put the cone on. I Connected them together with 2 1/8" pieces of dowel rod. This allowed for enough support to resist the tension from the strings, while still being relatively light.

No comments:

Post a Comment