Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back Removal

With the help of a box cutter and a sharp paint scraper I have finally removed the back. I started with the crack that had already formed along the seam, and worked my way around slowly. I did my best to not crack anything more than it already was.
 By looking at the inside you can the bracing.. or lack thereof. I will definitely need some extra support since I am converting to a steel string, and a higher tension resonator.
There's a very thin kerfing on there.. I'm surprised it held up that long. You can also see the fraying bracing from being so old.

Looks like I could have picked a much worse guitar to start with, but this will definitely need a lot of work to get it up to par..

Next up: Bracing, Fabbing the soundwell and cone, or fixing up the top! Haven't decided which yet. I'm pretty excited about it all though!

No comments:

Post a Comment